Crowd funding defined by Wikipedia (sometimes called crowd financing, crowd sourced capital, or street performer protocol) describes the collective cooperation, attention and trust by people who network and pool their money and other resources together, usually via the Internet, to support efforts initiated by other people or organizations. Crowd funding occurs for any variety of purposes, from disaster relief to citizen journalism to artists seeking support from fans, to political campaigns, to funding a startup company or small business or creating free software.
Crowdfunding is a fairly new phenomenon. Indie Gogo was the first site to launch this type of program in 2008. Several others quickly followed in 2009 and since then there has been a rapid increase in the number of offerings. We started this list in hopes that the community would keep us aware of the new sites as they come online. If you are aware of a crowdfunding platform that is not listed here, we’ve included a form at the bottom of the page where you can submit it.
Crowdfunding programs in English
and likely in North America
Debt Funding via Crowdfunding
Variety & Creative Projects
- Ireland: http://www.fundit.ie
- Fund it is an all-island (Ireland) crowdfunding website for Ireland’s creative projects, giving everyone the power to help good ideas happen.
- UK: http://www.co-fund.me/
- We at Co-Fund.Me believe in the concept of Functional Creativity – that is objects that are designed well with a purpose and have an air of cleverness about them, will undoubtedly find a market. We understand how hard it is for international product and industrial designers, innovators and technologists to raise money off an idea and this is why we started the Co-Fund.Me site
- TechMoola.com is a crowdfunding site for technology based projects. Are you an inventor and looking to take your project to the next level and need investment? Here is the place to do it. Whether you have developed the latest and coolest smartphone app or a new golf club or solar energy device, you can post your project for direct and support from the public. It is here where inventors meet investment. So techies of the world unite!
- a site offering dares as a new way to fundraise, and allowing anyone to nominate anyone else for a charity challenge or dare.
- YouCaring is a free fundraising website for people who need to raise funds for medical expenses, tuition assistance, adoption fundraising, funding for mission trips and other personal needs. It provides a simple and organized platform to implement fundraiser ideas and help achieve fundraising goals.
Marketing, Communications, Media, Public Messages
- How about one for ‘slow traffic move to the right’?
App Software Development
Businesses / Ventures / Start ups
- CampaignLeader is a comprehensive fund raising solution for businesses. If you want to raise money in the crowd, CampaignLeader provides the legal, compliance, accounting, marketing and technical tools to be successful.
- CommunityInvestor is an integrated solution for individuals who want to invest in businesses with confidence. For an individual committed to help grow a business in their community, CommunityInvestor provides you the right tools!
- an online platform that connects investors looking for new investment opportunities with entrepreneurs seeking funding.
White Label Crowdfunding, Developer API, Crowdfunding Development Partners
- Apicista: The robust investor relationship management engine behind CommunityLeader’s comprehensive Crowdfunding solution. As a fully compliant online platform for Crowdfunding businesses, chambers and portals, Apicista allows them to focus on providing effective marketing and business development services to their communities.With an innovative marketing leading API structure, Apicista cost-effectively and seamlessly integrates into any existing sales support or broker/dealer system. Our trained and qualified support team can support a business or funding portal by providing all, or only part, of the comprehensive Crowdfunding fulfillment services.
- Launcht enables organizations, companies, and institutions to create their own dynamic white labeled crowdfunding and voting platforms. These platforms empower your crowd to engage with and fund your community’s projects and ideas, connecting with their cause and furthering your mission.
- The Crowdfunding Phenomenon Heats Up (coolintl.com)
- Brief history of Crowdfunding (abhishekkathuria.wordpress.com)
- Crowdfunding Research (strategyprofs.wordpress.com)
- How To Run a Successful Crowdfunding Campaign (shareable.net)
- Why Crowdfunding Isn’t Really About Money (shareable.net)