“Data is the new oil,” said Andrea Weigend, Stanford’s Head of the Social Data Lab, also the former Chief Scientist at Amazon. To the disadvantage of companies, technology is evolving faster than the workforce’s ability and skills to make sense of it, and organizations across all sectors need to adapt quickly to the new reality or perish.
Due to massive interest in the emerging field of data science, organizations of all sizes are turning to people who are capable of translating this trove of data – created by mobile sensors, social media, surveillance, medical imaging, smart grids and the like – into predictive insights that lead to business value.
Full Story on Marketaire
- Occupy Wall Street hub at Stanford: The library (VIDEO (sfgate.com)
- Business Intelligence: Statistical Learning Part III (bjconquest.com)
- Ex-Stanford Prof Is Starting A Free Online School (gizmodo.com.au)
- Stanford University Contains the Apple Archives (shoppingblog.com)
- Career of the Future: Data Scientist [INFOGRAPHIC] (mashable.com)