“My past has not defined me, destroyed me, deterred me, or defeated me; it has only strengthened me.” – Steve Maraboli.
The New Year is a time of rebirth. The winter solstice is the turning point of the year, beginning the lengthening of days, and is viewed as the birth of the year. In many cultures, people celebrate this event by jumping into the sea or a local body of water, to signify rebirth and/or literally washing the slate clean. For christians, this can be symbolic of a baptism that signifies an outward symbol of an inner change and transformation, which represents our death to sin and the burial of our old life. 1st Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
Let’s embrace the upcoming year with hope, faith, expectation, and fulfillment of God’s goodness, grace, blessing, protection, and mercy in our lives. As the clock strikes midnight and as the roars of celebration, romance, and indulgence are experienced worldwide, take a moment to see through the glitter and sparkle of this ancient holiday and take hold of the deep spiritual roots of change, hope, faith, and inspiration that this great holiday brings forth.
Happy New Year from the staff at Cool International!
New Years Eve Movie 2011 Soundtrack – Goo Goo Dolls Better Days
- Happy New Years Eve Everyone (tinroofpress.wordpress.com)
- OMG! It’s New Years Eve, what should I make? (pkcooks.wordpress.com)
- Happy New Year! (rewritemyfuriedheart.wordpress.com)
- Are You Really Having A Happy New Year? (michelleteohziyan.wordpress.com)
- Everybody put your best suit or dress on… (glimmerandshimmer.wordpress.com)
- Happy New Year At Singapore (onlineupdaters.wordpress.com)