Is It Better for Companies to Utilize a Facebook Page or Profile?
Globally, Facebook users are estimated at over 750 million with 50% of those users online daily. Based on those statistics, Facebook is seen as a mine for potential users, fans, friends, customers, associates, church members, etc. So, which Facebook application is best suited for your organization? This is an interesting dilemma…Facebook clearly states that the Facebook Profile is to be used by personal users and advocates against other use, however, many Fortune 500 companies utilize it for commercial reasons. To decipher which Facebook application is better suited for commercial purposes, we need to evaluate the benefits of both, determine which one is more effective for social media branding and marketing, and look to the expertise of two thought leaders in the online world of social media.
Jason Yormak, social marketer and tech enthusiast, does a great job listing 5 benefits of a Facebook Page for commercial purposes and firmly believes in utilizing both.
Full Story at Jason Yormark via JasonYormak.com
Anders Haslum, online business entrepreneur, cites a strong argument on how to get more friends on Facebook.
Full Story at Anders Haslum via AndersHaslum.com
Read both articles and choose the Facebook application that best suits your organization.
“When you are face to face with a difficulty, you are up against a discovery.” – William Thomson (Lord Kelvin)
- 46% of Moms Don’t Let Their Children See Their Full Facebook Profile [STUDY] (mashable.com)
- Changing from a Facebook personal profile (timeline) to a Facebook business page (marketing.yell.com)
- You’ll freak when you see the new Facebook (domesticfix.wordpress.com)
- How to Make Your Facebook Profile a Facebook Page (blogher.com)
- Facebook Profile Photos Can Prediction of Life Satisfaction? (socyberty.com)
- The personal, the political, and the public persona: My journey towards transparency and authenticity in the digital age (talkinreckless.com)
- Here’s How People Look at Your Facebook Profile – Literally (mashable.com)
- Irish woman campaigns to get Effin hometown on Facebook (digitaltrends.com)
- Facebook profile to fan page conversion (ask.metafilter.com)