The thoughts that underpin social shopping work at a fundamental level that plays with our cognitive biases. Psychologists have defined six universal heuristics (mental rules of thumbs) that are evident in shoppers: social proof, authority, scarcity, like, consistency, and reciprocity. This is how they are applied in social commerce.
- “Fab.com founder and CEO Jason Goldberg tells me social activity is mighty important to the company;…” (caterpillarcowboy.com)
- 18 Facebook Commerce Facts You Should Know (alltopstartups.com)
- Who Are The Smartest Brands in Social Commerce? (businessinsider.com)
- How to Design Social Proof That Drives Sales (dtelepathy.com)
- Top 10 Favs for 2011: Social Media (mathieson.typepad.com)
- Book: The Future of Social Commerce – Now for 99 cents! – (by @baekdal) (baekdal.com)